Hotel management involves the management of anything related to the hotel industry. If one wants to gain a foothold in this business, they will need to learn about all the techniques of managing a hotel business, including marketing, hotel administration, catering management, housekeeping, accounts, etc. The primary goal behind learning the ins and outs of hotel management is to run a hotel successfully while managing the other aspects of the business at the same time. Students who want to pursue a Hotel Management course must have strong attention to detail, leadership, and teamwork skills.
The hotel industry is a crucial part of the hospitality industry with huge growth in the near future. The demand for hotel management professionals is already enormous and is expected to grow more with the increasing number of hotels set up across the globe. Apart from its allure, a career in hotel management has become profitable and exciting, attracting more and more students to opt for it.
Candidates who become hotel management graduates have a plethora of employment opportunities. Since the hospitality industry has many departments like operations, food and beverage, front office, accounting, security, etc. candidates can choose the preferred department and apply for various jobs.
Hotel management offers different courses not only at the diploma and undergraduate level but also at the postgraduate level for the students who want to further study in the relevant field. Some of the popular courses offered by hotel management field are listed below:
· Diploma in Hotel Management
· Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
· Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
· Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
· Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
· BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
· BBA in Hotel Management
· Master of Science in Hotel Management
· MBA in Hotel Management
· Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management
· Craftsmanship Courses
Eligibility for all the courses provided by the Hotel Management field are as follows:
Diploma in Hotel Management
Candidates must have passed a 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with minimum aggregate marks criteria provided by the exam authorities.
Undergraduate in Hotel Management
Candidates must have passed a 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board in any stream with English as a compulsory subject with minimum aggregate marks criteria provided by the exam authorities.
Postgraduate in Hotel Management
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate marks criteria provided by the exam or college authorities.
· National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam (NCHMCT JEE) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA)
· Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHMCT) conducted by Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
· Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BVP CET HM) conducted by BVP CET HM – Bharati Vidyapeeth Pune
· Common Hotel Admission Test by IIHM (e-CHAT) conducted by The International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM)
· Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management Joint Entrance Test (GNIHM JET)conducted by the Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management (GNIHM)
· Maharashtra Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Common entrance test (MAH BHMCT CET) conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell, Government of Maharashtra.
· Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh
· Regency College of Hotel Management (RCHMCT) conducted by Entrance Test Regency College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (RCHMCT)
· GGSIPU Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
· Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) conducted by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh